Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This Sunday I DJ'ed at Havana, a bar/club on Capitol Hill where my friend Grant works, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. I wasn't able to play as well as I'd liked: we had to figure out how to plug everything in, not to mention the club only had one CD player and no needles for the dual turntables. I wanted to use my laptop but didn't have a splitter to plug into the mixer. So I made do playing a CD at a time, and had a decent time. I'll be doing it every week for the foreseeable future, so if you're in Seattle and want to stop by, please do. Here's what I played on Sunday:

January 27, 2008
1. Talking Heads, “Seen and Not Seen”
2. The Drifters, “Such a Night”
3. George Jones & Tammy Wynette, “We’re Gonna Hold On”
4. R.E.M., “Sitting Still”
5. Gang Starr ft. Nice & Smooth, “DWYCK”
6. Pinch, “Qawwali”
7. Robert Wyatt, “Anachronist”
8. Johnny Osbourne with Bunny Brown, “Love Makes the World Go Round”
9. Jimmy “Handyman” Jones, “Handyman’s Back in Town”
10. Father MC, “Treat ’Em Like They Want to Be Treated”
11. Shalamar, “Take That to the Bank”
12. Metro Area, “Soft Hoop”
13. Cristina, “Is That All There Is?”
14. Michel Arnaud with Serge Gainsbourg, “Les Papillons Noirs”
15. Sam Cooke, “Mean Old World”
16. Marianne Faithfull, “Why’d Ya Do It”
17. Franco & O.K. Jazz, “Limbisa Ngal”
18. Raymond Scott Quintette, “Dinner Music for a Pack of Hungry Cannibals”
19. Wynonie Harris with Todd Rhodes Orchestra, “Keep on Churnin’”
20. Big Youth, “Pride & Joy Rock”
21. James Brown, “Let Yourself Go”
22. Kanye West, “Flashing Lights”
23. The-Dream ft. Rihanna, “Livin’ a Lie”
24. Junior Boys, “More Than Real”
25. Dungen, “Panda”
26. The Fall, “My Door Is Never”
27. Steriles, “You’re So Glam It Hurts”
28. Fucked Up, “Year of the Pig”