Monday, November 16, 2009

I've had a couple of very busy weeks, largely due to end-of-decade writing, much of which will be appearing this week. eMusic's Yearbook is the thing I'm probably most excited about reading: Hua Hsu on 2000; Melissa Maerz on 2001; me on 2002; Matthew Fritch on 2003; Douglas Wolk on 2004; Chuck Eddy on 2005; Jess Harvell on 2006; Vijith Assar on 2007; Christopher R. Weingarten on 2008; J. Edward Keyes on 2009. (Their Top 100 albums begins here as well, though that's the editors' list.) I also did something for The A.V. Club's best comedy albums (Flight of the Conchords), its top books (Mark Harris's Pictures at a Revolution), co-compiled a list of electronic albums with Andy Battaglia here, and wrote blurbs for the Top 50 albums list, which starts here. (I did Clinic's Internal Wrangler, 35th; Clipse's Lord Willin', 34th; Basement Jaxx's Kish Kash, 29th; Missy Elliott's Miss E . . . So Addictive, 23rd; Daft Punk's Discovery, 20th; and LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver, 14th.) I also wrote up a short list of albums that should have been on the list but weren't. And I contributed this crack at an etymology of "indie" for NPR.

I also reviewed the new Ted Gioia book--oy.