Saturday, October 29, 2005

Since Erica C. Barnett can't be bothered correcting her own nonfacts despite my having emailed her about it several days ago, I'll mention that from what I understand, Bob Mehr, the person I replaced at Seattle Weekly two and a half years ago, is not in fact "two young women" but a guy. Also, there's no "s" at the end of Michaelangelo. You're welcome. Edit: Josh Feit, the news ed at the paper, writes: "[T]he S on Michaelangelos was intentional. Erica added the S in her post laughing out loud in deference to a goofy habit I have. See, I give people nicknames by pseudo "fancying up" their names. So, for example, Amy Jenniges is Amy Jenigeeez, and Schmader is Mr. Shmah-day and Sean Nelson is Gouverneur Neeelson, Bradley is Mr. Steinbayshore etc.... Soooo, when I saw that you had such an elaborate sort of name to begin with, Michaelangelo Matos, I couldn't resist trying to make it even FANCIER. I added you to my roster of exaggerated names by adding the S to Michaelangelo." Ho-kay. No idea how they still figure Mehr is "two young women," though.