Monday, July 06, 2009

Half-year albums. I've updated this from a week ago; the usual caveats apply.

1. DJ Koze, Reincarnations: The Remix Chapter 2001-2009 (Get Physical)
2. Art Brut vs. Satan (Downtown)
3. A-Trak, FabricLive 45 (Fabric)
4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, It’s Blitz! (Interscope)
5. The Juan MacLean, The Future Will Come (DFA)
6. Jay Haze, Fabric 47 (Fabric)
7. Claro Intelecto, Warehouse Sessions (Modern Love)
8. DJ Quik & Kurupt, BlaQKout (Mad Science)
9. The Glimmers Present Disko Drunkards (glimmertwins.com)
10. Tanya Morgan, Brooklynati (Interdependent)

11. Black Moth Super Rainbow, Eating Us (Graveface)
12. The Fiery Furnaces, I’m Going Away (Thrill Jockey)
13. Henrik Schwarz, Ame & Dixon, The Grandfather Paradox (BBE)
14. Dan Deacon, Bromst (Carpark)
15. 10-20 (Highpoint Lowlife)
16. Kiki, Kaiku (Bpitch Control)
17. Major Lazer, Guns Don’t Kill People . . . Lazers Do (Mad Decent)
18. Tonight: Franz Ferdinand (Domino)
19. Ada, Adaptations: Mixtape #1 (Kompakt)
20. Afrobutt, Wunderbutt (Electric Minds)

I had a Top 75 Tracks prepared and then decided not only to not finalize it but to get rid of the playlist altogether. Having taken the train to Minneapolis, I didn't do anywhere near the amount of re-listening on the rails I'd planned to. In fact, I barely listened to music at all, opting instead to get loads of reading done. I have another day and a half of Amtrak before landing in New York for a spell, and I'm not anticipating I'll listen much more. Either way, it'll probably be a while.