Thursday, October 28, 2004

Finally listening to the Ex's Turn for the first time. Why didn't anybody tell me that it gets better as it goes? Damn.

Going in for surgery at 9 a.m., and then DJ'ing with Mackro at the Crocodile Cafe from 5-8 p.m. (this is all on Thursday). Sorry I haven't been writing much; the truth is things have been either hectic w/work or, as when I went to NYC and Philly last weekend (thanks to Alex and Tricia for putting me up), fairly uneventful apart from my blowing several hundred dollars on CDs. I'd name them all, too, but they're scattered, I'm for the most part otherwise occupied, and it's just a little too list-geeky even for me. Maybe it's the year-end mix that's got me feeling this way--up to nearly 300 songs now, which I think is awesome but don't honestly expect anyone else to care about. The ultimate goal is . . . well, you'll see when it happens, which will be at the end of the year, even though I'll be done with it well beforehand--at least a couple weeks, maybe longer. Sorry to be so vague, but it'll be long--very long. And, hopefully, worth the time of anyone who's interested, starting with myself.

Who'd have figured that the reissue of a much, much, much-canonized 25-year-old album would elicit not one but two excellent pieces, one for print, one not? And Nate's also got a good one--albeit a lot shorter than the other two--coming up in the Weekly next week. In the meantime, why don't you look at this week's? It'll tide you over--trust me. ;-)